We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
Who to Contact
Please address any complaints in writing FAO Ms. Yasmin Armagan and post to us at Nova Solicitors, 27A Westbury Avenue London N22 6BS. The complaints will be dealt with in accordance with our internal complaints procedure. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to one of our senior partner, Ms. Yasmin Armagan, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Ms. Armagan will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter as indicated above.
- Within three days of the meeting, Ms. Armagan will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Ms. Armagan will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another director/senior partner or someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ