- Nova Solicitors is a trading name of Nova Solicitors Limited (Company Registration No: 10048301) registered in England and Wales, registered office at 27A Westbury Avenue, London, N22 6BS. Nova Solicitors Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No: 628998. Please note that this firm does not accept service by fax or email.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Nova Solicitors collect personal data of all prospective and current clients for the purposes of providing legal services.
- Nova Solicitors also collect personal data of individuals other than clients where such data is provided by clients, who are authorised to disclose any such data, in the course of providing requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations.
- Nova Solicitors collect all forms of personal data which is required to effectively provide requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations and therefore may include, but not be limited to:
- Criminal record;
- Immigration status
4. Nova Solicitors collect prospective and current clients’ personal data by way of telephone, email, post, through its websites and in person.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Nova Solicitors is at all times restricted only to the current employees of Nova Solicitors.
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Nova Solicitors may be made from the main office and the branch office as well as remotely from other locations.
- Access to clients’ personal data stored by Nova Solicitors is at all times restricted only to the purposes of providing requested or contracted legal services and other statutory purposes such as anti-money-laundering checks or audits.
- Nova Solicitors allow current clients to access their personal data and obtain a copy thereof, free of charge, while their case is pending.
- Nova Solicitors allow clients to update their personal data at any time by way of email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone 0203 489 7010 post or at its premises.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Nova Solicitors process personal data based on requested or contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations including, but not be limited to, countering of money-laundering schemes.
- Nova Solicitors use collected personal data in the course of providing requested or contracted legal services for the purposes including, but not limited to:
- Verifying their authenticity;
- Conducting required anti-money-laundering checks;
- Communicating with clients and other interested parties;
- Preparing legal documentation;
- Seeking advice from 3rd parties;
- Responding to complaints.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Nova Solicitors store clients’ personal data in the form of soft copy and hard copy.
- Soft copy of clients’ personal data is stored securely on Nova Solicitors computers and an online cloud.
- Hard copy of clients’ personal data is stored securely at the Nova Solicitors office premises and an additional storage location.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
- Nova Solicitors may share clients’ personal data with 3rdparties only where it is required to effectively provide contracted legal services or pursuant to statutory obligations, which may include, but not be limited to:
- HM Courts & Tribunals;
- The Home Office, UKVI
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC);
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA);
- External auditors;
- Legal counsels.
- Other parties to legal proceedings.
2. Nova Solicitors do not at any time share clients’ personal data with 3rdparties for marketing or any other commercial purposes.
DISPOSAL OF PERSONAL DATA
- Nova Solicitors return all of clients’ original documentation upon the closure of each file unless a right of lien has been exercised due to outstanding fees.
- Nova Solicitors store clients’ personal data for a period of 6 years after the closure of each file, according to the requirements imposed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA Handbook, Rule 10).
- Nova Solicitors allow former clients to obtain, within 14 days of making a request, a copy of their personal data anytime during a period of 6 years after the closure of each file, in exchange for an administrative fee.
- Nova Solicitors may transfer a copy of former clients’ personal data after the closure of their file to other organisations where such a transfer is requested on behalf of such former clients by their current legal representatives.
- Nova Solicitors delete all personal data of all former clients after 6 years of the closure of each file.
USE OF WEBSITES
- Information found on Nova Solicitors websites concerning services offered is presented only for reference purposes and cannot be deemed binding on Nova Solicitors.
- All Nova Solicitors websites may contain links to other websites and Nova Solicitors do not accept any responsibility over privacy policies of such websites; all current and prospective clients of Nova Solicitors are encouraged to familiarise themselves with privacy policies of all websites they visit.
- Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer/device by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing and its main purpose is to identify users when they revisit the web site days or weeks later.
- Nova Solicitors use the following types of cookies on its websites, for the following purposes:
- Session cookies: Nova Solicitors use session cookies which are a core system cookies which are used to maintain website functions; they exist only in temporary memory while the user navigates the website and are normally deleted by a web browser when the user closes the browser.
- This website uses high-level (128/256 bit) Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology from one of the world leaders in security software, Comodo; the SSL encryption protocol secures communication over the Internet and makes all the information sent through website forms unreadable to any person or robot trying to intercept it; all forms on this website have up to 256 bit encryption to protect personal information and data from unwanted access or to transmit data confidentially.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although Nova Solicitors do its best to protect personal data of its current and prospective clients, no guarantee may be made as to the security of any data transmitted to the website and, as such, any such transmission is conducted at each individual’s own risk; once Nova Solicitors have received transmitted information, strict procedures and security features are used to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Yasmin Armagan who is responsible for the protection of clients’ personal data
- Clients of Nova Solicitors who are not satisfied with the manner in which their personal data is collected, stored, used or retained may in the first place submit a complaint to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com.
- Clients of Nova Solicitors who are not satisfied with the manner in which their personal data is collected, stored, used or retained and who fail to receive satisfactory response from the Data Protection Officer (DPO) have a right to submit an official complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
- If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any request by you to exercise your rights, or if you think that we have breached any relevant data protection laws, then you have the right to complain to the authority that supervises our processing of your personal information or, where you are based in the EU, the data protection authority in your country.
- We view the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), as our lead data protection supervisory authority. Details of the ICO can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
- Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws. We are registered with the UK Information Commission Office (ICO) as a data controller under registration number ZA208625.